Who Are We?
Let’s Grow Together is a data controller as defined under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. Let’s Grow Together (“The Organisation”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy Notice explains why and how we will use the personal information that we have obtained from you or others, with whom we share it and the rights you have in connection with the information we use.
Information That We Collect
We process personal information about you that you provide to us or that we obtain from other sources. We only collect personal information which we need and that is relevant for the purposes for which we intend to use it. Personal data includes information such as:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Name of the child
- Date of birth of child
- Gender of the child
- Information about the child’s school(s)
- Your photographs where we have your consent
We also collect sensitive, ‘special category’ data such as:
- Data relating to the child’s health
- Behavioural information that is observed during the services offered to the child
- Any relevant familial information you provide or is observed during the provision of our services
- Medical and behavioural information of the child
We only collect this data where it is necessary to provide our services to you. We ensure that your information is kept secure and only used for the purposes for which it was collected.
Why We Use Your Personal Data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To register you to one of our programmes
- To determine and provide our services to you
- For quality assessment of our services
- To become more informed in relation to your healthcare and support requirements
- Handling of complaints or responding to general queries
- Research purposes but only using your anonymised data
Legal Bases for Processing
We rely on the following legal bases for processing your personal data:
- Where we have received your explicit consent as per our consent forms
- To fulfil a contractual obligation
- To protect your or another person’s vital interests
- To comply with a legal obligation
Personal data collected by Let’s Grow Together is held confidentially and securely. It is not shared with any third parties with the following exceptions:
- For the purposes of co-operation with regulatory authorities/reporting
In certain circumstances, Let’s Grow Together must cooperate with, and assist, regulatory authorities/funding bodies in Ireland. Let’s Grow Together may provide personal data to entities such as the HSE. When this happens, however, Let’s Grow Together generally tries to do so on an anonymised basis.
- Where we have a legal obligation
In certain circumstances, Let’s Grow Together must assist the relevant child protection authorities. Where this happens, in accordance with the law, Let’s Grow Together may provide personal data to, for example, Tusla. Where this happens, Let’s Grow Together takes all steps necessary to ensure such personal data is protected.
- In the case of service providers or suppliers to Let’s Grow Together
Let’s Grow Together uses Data Processors and collaborates with other Data Controllers to provide certain services. We require such processors to abide by certain terms to protect any personal data which is processed by the service provider/supplier during the course of providing service in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You have rights in relation to the data we collect about you. These include:
- The right to access a copy of any personal information we process about you.
- The right to ask us to correct any information you believe is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to request that your personal data be deleted.
- The right to restrict and object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability of your information.
- The right to complain to the Irish supervisory authority, the Data Protection Commission.
- The right to withdraw consent where that is the basis for our processing
- The right to be informed regarding all our processing activities that involve your personal data.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we will verify your identity before acting on the request to ensure that your data is protected.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Let’s Grow Together only retains personal information for as long as is necessary. We have detailed our retention periods for your data in the below table.
|Data Type||Retention Period||Reason|
Should you require additional information then you can contact us using the below information:
Telephone: 021 6010656
Post: Let’s Grow Together! Infant & Childhood Partnerships CLG, HSE Building, Harbourview Road, Knocknaheeny, Cork T23 XY16
If you are concerned with how we are processing your personal data, you can contact the Data Protection Commissioner at www.dataprotection.ie.